Monday 21 September 2015

opinions (personal post)

You know what makes me the happiest?
It’s when people have opinions.
Not necessarily similar to mine, but just opinions.
You go come here, you read this blog and you might agree or disagree with whatever I am saying, you might say what bullshit or you might just end up loving me, but there is NO IN BETWEEN. I get it, there is a thing called diplomatic, but you know what? Why don’t we leave that where it belongs, in politics? However, I am not writing because I want you guys to love me, I write today with the sole purposes of letting you guys know that, your opinions define you.
Opinions define you as a whole.
I cannot emphasize on this enough.
 Well, as years go by, your opinions start, well, the correct word would be intensifying.  I say the best people you’d ever meet would be part of a debate team. They have their view, they put their view forward and those swift sons of biscuits will have you on their side in no time. Nevertheless, they fight.  They try not to give up although I once saw someone in a debate, while he was being quivered with questions by the opposing team shout, “WHY WONT YOU JUST LET ME COMELETE WHAT I HAD TO SAY? WHAT THE HELL? THIS IS SHIT. I AM OUT.” I found it rather Ballsy.
Anyhow, we can’t do that, or we can. Whatever makes you sleep better at night, do it.
Have you guys ever noticed, when you are making a new friend you just maybe try to find out things which you have in common? Like maybe the same taste in music or artist or cuisine or love for a common thing or stuff and stuff. That’s having opinions. Now I not saying that you guys don’t have opinions but what I am saying is, have opinions about stuff that actually matters.
On my way to college today,  my friends and I were listening to radio, because we care about our precious phone batteries too much, so we heard the radio jockey make a rather very sexist comment, and if you know me even a bit you know how I react to that kind of well, trash. And for those who don’t, I don’t like it, I hate it, I loathe it, I despise it, I will kill someone day for this reason.
Now that we have establish that I have no what so ever control over my temper, I will tell you what my friend’s reaction to my temper instead of elaborating how I wanted to kill that radio jockey.
She said and I quote,” 80% of the people in India think all these stereotypes and sexist comments are legit and normal and other 20% of the people in India just let it go thinking it’s a joke or rather a funny comment.”
Frist of all, It got me thinking, when did I make such smart friends? WHEN?

And it also got me thinking where do I belong in this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment